Lost mojo – seeking inspiration
Blog posts have been a bit thin on the ground recently because I have most definitely lost my dancing mojo. Lots of reasons:
- Frustration with the flaws in my dancing
- Fatigue from doing the same thing week after week for many years
- Favourite dance partners not dancing so much
- Not as much live music to dance to
- Really poor DJing from experienced DJs (including one dance which finished early because everyone left to the go the pub due to the most uninspiring dance music I have ever heard played at a dance – never seen this happen before!)
- Shoulder niggles which mean that I am constantly worried about getting my arm yanked
- Listening to leaders rave about other people’s following whilst knowing they don’t say the same about me
- Closure of venues
- Dodgy dance camps that haven’t been quite what I signed up for/levels way off
- Seeing people who haven’t been dancing that long sign up for super-duper advanced levels at camps and knowing that I definitely don’t belong in those levels and don’t have the balls to fake it
- Not wanting to partake in the vintage scene which means self-exclusion from many dances.
- Busy time at work
Have tried taking a break, tried new dances, have read Frankie’s book again, have watched the ILHC clips and tried dance camps but to no avail. Perhaps I should try reading the book Tap and Jazz? Seemed to work for Agent A. In reality I think I’m just not happy with me and until that changes I don’t the dancing mojo is going to return.
Anyway, for those who like the video clips, here’s something inspirational and a little bit crazy, Heidi Salerno in her Guinness World Record attempt for most number of Bal-Swing turns in a minute!